As we continue to learn of the devastation brought by Hurricane Harvey, it is apparent that the need is almost unimaginable. Part of our mission as a church is to tell the world about the love of Jesus. Helping in times like this is one of the ways we visibly demonstrate His love. Below, you'll find ways that you can help as we seek to minister to those affected by the storms.
How You Can Help
Here are some ways to pray...
- Pray for people who live in the affected regions, for their strength and for the Lord's provision as they seek to clean up and rebuild.
- Pray for God's comfort for those who are grieving the loss of loved ones.
- Pray for healing for those who have been injured.
- Pray for first responders, relief workers, medical teams, and those working to restore infrastructure, for their safety and strength.
- Pray that people would discover the love and hope of Christ.
Here are some ways to give...
- You can designate an offering to disaster relief by writing Disaster Relief in the memo line of your check. These offerings will be used to assist a church that we've adopted in Port Arthur, Central Baptist, as well as SBTC Disaster Relief efforts.
- Click here to give directly to SBTC Disaster Relief.
- Text Harvey to 817-442-2792 to give to SBTC Disaster Relief through your phone.
Put together a Disaster Relief Bucket. Click here to download instructions. Once you have the bucket ready, bring it to the church. We will take them to a drop-off location. The estimated cost is approximately $50 per bucket.
If you would like to volunteer...
Also, you can serve with Texas Relief, a part of SBC disaster relief efforts. Click here to sign up with Texas Relief.